and the work continues.

So I just spent some time writing and trying to embed images into this post only to have it all deleted with no draft saved.  I don't know why I have such a difficult time with Live journal and  images.  I can link to them but they don't show up if I embed them.  I can upload images to Live Journal but that ends up being a pain. eerggghh  So I'll describe what I've been working on, include a link to the Picasa album and call it a day. I finished doing what I suppose are a combination sketch and page layouts for each page.  Then I hit a wall.  I knew that what I really needed to do next was to make a mock-up of the book.  What I wanted to do was tear down paper and start printing.  What I actually did was log in quite a bit of time with the PS3.

Anyway, I finally got back to work and put together the mock-up.  I will probably end up doing another one to tweak a few things but you can start to get a sense of the project from this one.  The book will be square and the binding is essentially a modified accordion binding.  I've used this in my other larger book projects because it allows me to print full pages with out trying to figure out how they would collate.

For this particular book, I'm leaving a quarter inch on each page to fold over onto the next page so there won't be any "rough" edges showing.  This will all make more sense later on, I promise.  I also started to lay out the text, although it is by no means finalized.  I haven't decided if I'm going to hand letter it or use an actual font.

The next steps will involve doing the final layouts for each page.  Most of this work is done in Photoshop so I can start working on the print separations and get more of an idea what it will take to put the book together. 

To see photos please visit: